As we’ve walked through this season of fundraising in preparation to move our family and begin a church-planting ministry in El Salvador, we have seen God move through so many people in beautiful ways. Through a united body of believers from different churches, denominations, friend groups, a handful of states, and widely varying financial situations, God is providing the means through which we will be able to share His love and serve people in El Salvador who don’t yet know Jesus as their Savior.
One thing we’ve come to realize is that giving is a very personal thing. It looks different for everyone as the Holy Spirit moves inside each of us. Generosity is a spiritual gift, and it takes on many forms – it’s not even restricted to financial giving. As we have had the blessed opportunity to be the recipients of much generosity, we see that the amount you give truly doesn’t matter, so long as you are seeking to listen to what God is calling you to give and then give with a joyful spirit. The Apostle Paul says this about giving:
“The point is this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” – 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
That being said, we’ve found it’s also helpful to provide ideas of tangible amounts you could give on a monthly basis, and what those gifts provide. Your monthly financial partnership provides for our ministry in a sustainable way.
These are a few examples of how we plan to serve and how your giving directly impacts the Gospel transforming the lives of Salvadorans. The ultimate goal of each activity is to know people deeply, have Gospel conversations, walk alongside them in life and discipleship, and build up the first reformed church in El Salvador.
- $25/month would allow us to host a grill-out or playdate to get to know our neighbors and begin having Gospel conversations
- $50/month would allow us to provide dinner and host a weekly discussion about the Bible and what it means to follow Jesus
- $100/month would allow us to engage local business owners with a course on small business leadership, form relationships, and invite them to church
- $250/month would allow us to start a youth soccer league and share a Gospel message with kids and parents at the end of each game
- $500/month would allow Clay to provide the materials and teach wood-working classes for men seeking freedom from addiction and homelessness
Thank you for joining with us in prayer for this endeavor and for listening to the Holy Spirit as you consider how you might be called to invest financially.
If you’re ready to become a monthly financial partner, you can set up a recurring gift online here.